As the official start to summer nears, it is the perfect time to start thinking about ways to get more color into my guest bedroom! This extra space is currently in a deep, deep state of blah. Over the past year that I have called this apartment mine, the room quickly became a catch-all space for all of the mismatched furniture and random things that I haven’t figured out where to put just yet. The guest room is definitely in need of some love….bring on the project! For this upgrade, I will be utilizing a color palette that includes corals, yellows, greens, white, some blues and gold. Lots of gold. I am on a huge gold kick lately. I scored big time at Target this week finding a great duvet cover that will serve as an inspiration base to springboard ideas from. Target is having phenomenal sales right now on the “Threshold” brand and you can also find some great deals on Cartwheel- the store’s coupon app! Definitely a must download.
This is the duvet cover I chose- I am so thrilled with the Coral color and the pleats! This cover comes in four colors and can be found on Target’s website here. I’m loving this solid pick because it will allow for great styling with decorative throw pillows.
I have spent hours and hours searching the internet for inspiration pieces and finds, here are some of my top picks! If you’re thinking about a renovation with the same color palette, checkout my guest bedroom overhaul board on Pinterest for more great ideas and finds.
Here’s where you’ll find these items:
1) I found this pillar candle holder over on Wayfair- this color is perfect! I really like that the candles just peek through the container. You can find this here. (Have I mentioned lately how much I love Wayfair?!?)
2) A bench like this would be PERFECT at the end of the bed! Classic, but has a little bit of extra flair with the studs. I found this example at One Kings Lane.
3) Do I even have to explain why I love this lamp!? It is simply sleek and stunning. This is another find from Wayfair.
4) I am a huge fan of slipper chairs. I have one in my master bedroom in my reading corner (sometimes turns into the nap corner), it could not be more comfy! You can find this green delight here.
5) Hello anthropologie curtains that are just too darling. The mix of textured coral fabric is perfect. Check it out at anthropologie.
6) This yellow ceramic vase could be used for soooo many different purposes. I envision it sitting on a nightstand. Find it here.
7) I NEED this pillow. Seriously, it is just too fun. Even better, you can pick it up at a great price here.
And there you have it, just a few of the things I am loving now. My motto on this upgrade is slow and steady wins the race. Buy a little here, repurpose a little there…that kind of thing 🙂 Stay tuned over the next few weeks for updates! Have you made any bedroom decorating changes lately? I’d love to hear what you’re doing, or if you have any tips!