What is one of my favorite things about summer?!? GRILLING SEASON. Lately I’ve been whipping up this recipe a lot. I am such a huge fan of pineapple and it serves up perfectly in with the flavors of a honey and rum marinade. When grilled, the marinade gives a nice glaze to the pineapple.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pineapple, cut into 8 spears
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juiced
Steps to make:
1. Begin by prepping pineapple. Using a sharp knife, remove top of pineapple and begin cutting off the skin by following the natural shape of the fruit.
2. After all skin is removed, cut off any remaining knots and slice into eight spears. When sliced into spears, make sure to cut off the edge of the spear that contains the core of the pineapple. Place spears in a ziploc bag or a pie plate- either will work!
3. In a large bowl, whisk honey, rum, lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon together until smooth.
4. Pour marinade over pineapple spears and cover plate or seal bag. Marinade for approximately two hours, rotating spears every 30 minutes for even coverage.
5. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place spears in direct heat and grill for about 3-4 per side, until grill marks are visible and pineapple becomes tender.
6. Remove pineapple from grill and serve immediately. I love serving mine up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! 🙂