A chilly fall day calls for something warm and cozy for breakfast! Today I’m whipping up some apple cinnamon pancakes, a perfect Saturday morning treat. These are quite possibly the easiest recipe to throw together when you are wanting to take pancakes to the next level. Here’s the thing….I even cheat a bit and use a Bisquick recipe for the base. 🙂 Simple, right!?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 batch of waffle batter prepared according to Bisquick box, you can find the recipe here. (Yes, I said waffles. Trust me, it makes the most fluffy pancakes!)
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Steps to prepare apples:
- Peel and core apple, slice into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla and flour, mix until combined.
- Place apple slices in saucepan and stir to thoroughly cover.
- Simmer on medium-high heat for one minute, then remove from heat and set aside.
Steps to prepare pancakes:
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat, grease with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, prepare batter according to Bisquick recipe, adding 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to the mix.
- Gently remove apples from saucepan using tongs and add to the batter. Fold apples into batter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto skillet.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface of pancake, flip and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Stack onto your plate, add a tad of butter and syrup of your choosing and enjoy!
I love seeing the little specks of cinnamon in the batter, it just makes me so happy! This recipe smells AMAZING! Definitely worth waking up early for. 🙂