One of my favorite breakfast treats is the simple, but yet delectable combination of yogurt, granola and fresh fruit. Tasty, light and makes me feel like even warmer weather is right around the corner. My combination of choice? The classic Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla (I go through it by the quart!), fresh strawberries and this easy granola. I’m not a greek yogurt fan, so I love this Dannon as an alternative because it is loaded with protein to make it even more satisfying. Awhile back, I decided that I was going to give it a go at making my own granola! After many tries and variations, I think I’ve found the perfect combination to settle on. Bonus- it is really, really easy to make!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5 c. oats (I like to use the old-fashioned kind)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. blanched almonds, slivered
- 1/4 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c. pecan pieces
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. agave nectar
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. salt
Steps to make:
- Preheat over to 325 and line 11×17 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mix wet ingredients until smooth.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry bowl, mix until throughly combined.
- Spread granola onto baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow granola to completely cool and then store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Lovin these ingredients!