You’re going to love these quick and easy jam shortbread cookies for the springtime! Like many things I like to whip up in the kitchen, this is one of the most versatile recipes that you will find. Using my base shortbread recipe that I also use for my cranberry shortbread, you can select the jam of your choice and glaze to your liking. For this cookie, I chose to use red raspberry jam with a vanilla glaze. These cookies are so light and tasty it is so hard to just eat one!
Here’s what you’ll need for the cookies:
- 1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 c. flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. red raspberry jam
For the glaze, mix all ingredients below until smooth:
- 1 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tbs. milk
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Steps to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla, stir until combined.
- With mixer on low, add flour and mix throughly. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Pour dough onto floured surface and shape into ball.
- Roll dough out until approx. 1/4 inch thick and cut using small circle cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet and form a small indentation in each cookie using back of spoon or thumb.
- Spoon about a 1/2 tablespoon of jam into each indentation.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden.
- Remove from baking sheet to cool.
- Once cool, drizzle glaze topping over each cookie. Allow glaze to set and enjoy! 🙂
I hope you have fun baking these up in your kitchen!